The new BBC Sherlock spin-off titled “Sherlock’s Clues” and slated to air in December 2012, focuses less on the crimes, and more on Sherlock’s and John’s friendship.
While the BBC’s riveting drama may be on a temporary break, the show’s popularity is still at a high. In an interview with the show’s creators Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss, Moffat comments, “People are still really in love with the show. We are still constantly getting letters from fans asking us when the show is gonna come back.”
"People are always tweeting me telling me how much they love the show and how much they miss it. The fandom definitely hasn’t died down," Gatiss adds.
Moffat nods, “Martin even showed us this website called Tumblr and that was certainly- ah… enlightening.” He laughs uncomfortably.
Eager to move on to the topic of the announcement of the series’ spin-off
and away from the memories of the depraved site where the fangirls parade their disconcerting obsession with the stars of the show, they give us a general idea of the show’s premise.
"It’s basically going to be a show for young children, as a way to introduce them to the subject of Sherlock Holmes," Moffat explains. "We feel that the characters of Holmes and Watson really are timeless. You’re never too young to start enjoying their adventures."
They then go on to describe the show’s main character, John Watson, a middle-aged man who lives by himself in the country with only his talking, verbally-abusive dog, Sherlock, for company. In order to keep Sherlock from getting bored, Watson will have to solve mysteries.
Because the entire show, save for the actors, will be animated, Moffat and Gatiss will have the exciting opportunity to yet again re-imagine the classic cases of Arthur Conan Doyle’s works, this time in a cute and child friendly manner. But this time, the sleuthing won’t be left entirely in the hands of the world’s only consulting detective.
"We wanted to encourage children to build their problem solving skills, so we’ve inserted into the show these long, drawn out pauses, where the viewer will have the oppurtunity to fund the clue, and then shout it at their television set when they see it," Gatiss says. Because of course, communication is the most important part of any relationship and every parent knows that it is important for children to have a good, honest relationship with their television set. "Of course, they won’t be left entirely on their own. Sherlock will place a blue, pawprint-shaped nicotine patch on all important clues."
When asked if other characters from the original show will make an appearance, it was confirmed that Lestrade and Donovan would come in at some point as a pair of salt and pepper shakers, along with their illegitimate, unholy spawn, Anderson the paprika jar. Moriarty will also make a cameo as Watson’s brother.
"We just got a text message, we just got a text message, we just got a text message! I wonder who it’s from?"
Moffat and Gatiss both stressed, however, that the most important aspect of the show was not the crimes, but the friendship between Holmes and Watson. “We think it’s going to be a really great, really emotional show, and we just hope that everyone enjoys it.”
((This all started because John’s striped shirt reminded me of the guy from Blue’s Clues))
- mytamesirens likes this
- seldomseenkidd reblogged this from flowersfalling
- flowersfalling reblogged this from daftwithoneshoe
- teensytoothless likes this
- razzyzzar likes this
- waitingtocollide reblogged this from daftwithoneshoe
- waitingtocollide likes this
- dyanitokala reblogged this from daftwithoneshoe and added:
- willbearpoof likes this
- samasever reblogged this from daftwithoneshoe
- samasever likes this
- daftwithoneshoe reblogged this from daftwithoneshoe and added:
- steamedmantou likes this
- hereinlimbo likes this
- oscitantego reblogged this from cannedebonbon and added:
- majesticseducer reblogged this from daftwithoneshoe
- majesticseducer likes this
- shoveaspockinit likes this
- curious-rabbit reblogged this from daftwithoneshoe
- cannedebonbon reblogged this from sherlock-took-my-tardis
- cannedebonbon likes this
- dveoit reblogged this from sherlock-took-my-tardis and added:
- uss-special reblogged this from daftwithoneshoe
- devourmetonight reblogged this from stratdantro and added:
- paramount-martin likes this
- doctorwhoab likes this
- pinkmariette likes this
- watsonsstripeyjumper reblogged this from stratdantro
- watsonsstripeyjumper likes this
- stagekatz likes this
- charlesxavi3rarchive likes this
- howdoyoufeelabouttheviolin reblogged this from heybuddyspaceman
- heybuddyspaceman reblogged this from it-am-i
- heybuddyspaceman likes this
- it-am-i reblogged this from vaalkyries and added:
- captainmartinducreff reblogged this from sherlock-took-my-tardis and added:
- captainmartinducreff likes this
- vaalkyries reblogged this from sherlock-took-my-tardis
- vaalkyries likes this
- sherlock-took-my-tardis reblogged this from daftwithoneshoe
- piratescarfy reblogged this from umbrellasandjam
- the-boosher likes this
- consultingdoctorr reblogged this from umbrellasandjam
- umbrellasandjam reblogged this from stratdantro
- spacecatsurprise reblogged this from moraniarty
- kengrii reblogged this from stratdantro and added:
- fight--dinosaurs-save-the-world reblogged this from moraniarty
- jim-in-london reblogged this from stratdantro
- stratdantro reblogged this from daftwithoneshoe and added:
- isamu-nitta likes this